Friday 21 February 2014

Progress not Perfection

Most clients come to me with very fixed goals in mind - most usually "I want to lose weight".  Goals are well and good, but they can demotivate and are generally temporary. By which I mean that if they are too difficult to achieve, then are too often abandoned or once achieved you spring back to your old habits and lose all the benefits gained through healthy eating and exercise.

I prefer to promote lifestyle change - little by little transforming the way my clients live so that they permanently live fitter, healthier lives.  They may achieve their goals en route, but the goals may become only a secondary concern once the pattern of wellness becomes ingrained.

To make this transition from goal focussed to habitually living well requires that my clients fall in love with the process of eating healthy food and exercising regularly.  That this is seen not as a chore, but as a right and an entitlement: you deserve to look after yourself and have time doing something to make you feel good!

No comments:

Post a Comment